Saturday, November 24, 2018

Opening of Christmas Season

Hello Readers,

Santa Claus. Photo Credit: Danielle Gadsby
You can see the smile on my face that shows
my Christmas Spirit.
Photo Credit: Danielle Gadsby

It is now officially the opening of the Christmas Season. This happened last Saturday November 17th. If you are not from Rovaniemi or been to Rovaniemi at Christmas time I do suggest it.

Here is the link to the Opening of the Christmas Season 2018 Celebration - You can see me waving at the beginning (around the 12 minute mark)as my sister was home in Canada and able to see me on the live stream.The live stream is available each year, and they speak in both Finnish and English so anyone can enjoy it.

Me petting the one Husky they
had on a chain.
Photo Credit: Danielle Gadsby
There were free shuttles available from the city center that day and I took advantage of that. I do have a bus card but the friend I went with did not so these free shuttles saved about 7 euros in bus fairs. We took the earliest shuttle at 2pm us to Santa Claus Village. We wanted to go early because for that day there was free admission to the Husky Farm. You still had to pay for Husky sled tours but at least we got to see all the pup and even pet some of them.

When you go to Santa Claus Village it really gets you in the Christmas Spirit, even though there hasn't been any snow here at the Arctic Circle. Around 3:00pm the center starts playing some good Christmas music, and there is a reindeer brought out that you can pet and take pictures with as well (I did not do this, I have already taken a photo with a reindeer before and I thought best to allow the children to experience this). Around 3:30pm we found where we would want to stand since I knew my sister would be watching from Canada, and I wanted her to be able to see me. All the festivities started around 3:45pm and there were singing and dancing elves, and speeches before Santa came out and Officially Started the Season.  You can check out the entire event
in the link I have above.

This was an amazing experience, I couldn't stop smiling. It really brought out the kid in me and I wish I had of gone to this all of the years I have been here in Rovaniemi.

Thanks for reading....
Enjoy the beginning of the Holiday Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment