Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Engaged - December 17, 2023

 Hello Readers, 

I drafted this post, and am just now rereading and deciding to post, to say I am still on Cloud9 is an understatement. 

I wanted to document my feelings through this post. I got engaged on December 17, 2023. As I was typing this it was January 17, 2024 and the exciting feeling is still in effect. I am often caught staring at this new piece of jewelry that has such love captured in it. This ring symbolizes a new level of devotion and commitment to each other. 

It happened after Christmas with my fiancés family - his parents, sister, her husband, great grandma and a family friend were all in attendance. He had other plans but those changed a few times, and decided in about a 30 minute window that it was time for him to do it. The pressure of hiding the ring any longer was getting to him, he was worried I would somehow find out. 

Collage of Photos
Photo Credit: Danielle Gadsby, Background is a standard Google Image.
I shook for two days when showing off my new bling. My voice is just coming back as I would tell anyone that would listen of the wonderful news (family, friends, co-workers, everyone on our vacation). There have been so many video chats, phone calls, posts and visits to share the wonderful news. I had just gotten my nails done for vacation, so many people thought I was showing off those, until they saw the sparkle. Both families knew of the planning's that had gone on and were excited when the news was shared. 

A week after engagement we went on Christmas Vacation to Cayo Santa Maria, Cuba. It was a great way to celebrate engagement. We enjoyed laying on the beach. having dinner together, or just having conversations about our lives together. I am feeling grateful that my fiancé decided to propose before we went on a trip, so that we had that time together to celebrate. If we were working or just at home rushing around for the holidays, I am not sure I would have gotten as much enjoyment. The private time together, away from others, was a great foundation starter to our new chapter as a couple. 

Thanks for reading, let the planning begin for a 2025 Summer Wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment