Thursday, October 19, 2017

Lindau, Lake Constance...



Readers, 

Another week here in this beautiful country. The past weekend I went with some friends to see Lindau. It is a city located on mainland and island. It is on the Eastern side of Lake Constance. Lake Constance borders 3 countries – Germany, Austria and Switzerland. You could see the Austrian Alps, and the Swiss Alps…faintly. It was an amazing site, even though the mountains were covered in fog. It was also a great cultural experience because my friends were from 5 different countries and none of us were German. 
 
The Group of us down by the water. Photo Credit: Eugene Kim
We took a 1-hour train ride from Kempten to Lindau (Island) and everything there was in walking distance. We even looked at two churches in the city center. One was more plain with white walls while the other had beautiful paintings and marble throughout the entire altar, always beautiful stained glass as well. We got some Kebab and ate it in a local park along the waterfront. 

Attached to this blog you will see some great photos. It reminded me much of home, where I live. We live in the heart of the Great Lakes of Southwestern Ontario. This lake, the smell, sight, and sound all seemed like it was where I was meant to be. If only they could move the University about 1-hour to the West, Germany would be heaven. There were sail boats on the water and even a few swimmers, though the water was way too cold for me.
The Bluewater Bridge in Sarnia, Ontario. It is the crossing from Sarnia, Ontario, Canada to Port Huron, Michigan, USA. It is also across the St.Clair River where it meets Lake Huron (One of the 5 Great Lakes). Photo Credit: Cyndie Vanderwerf


Along the St.Clair River...Looking towards U.S.A.- Summer 2017. Photo Credit: Danielle Gadsby

This weekend we go on a hiking/cottage weekend in the mountains. There is barely any cellphone reception and I look forward to going and seeing the beautiful landscapes from above. It is about an hour hike from our drop off location, but I will go into that later.

I wanted to add that I have a few past vacations I want to share on this blog as well. Hopefully I have those written in the next little while. It’s not always about going forward but sometimes reflecting on the past experiences can enhance the experience of the future.

Talk later…

No comments:

Post a Comment